Author of Article: DR. Gajanan Bhalerao (PT).
Ms. Vahbiz Bharucha is Student of Sancheti college of physiotherapy Pune. She very Active in sports. She doing Bachelor of Physiotherapy in our institute. She managing her studies and sport activity very well. We are are proude of her achievements. Her achievements in sports so far are …
In 2006 i played my 1st ever nationals tournament in the sport handball .
This tournament was held in Chattisgarh . Maharashtra team stood 2nd amongst 15 teams . An india team was selected in which i had been a probable but due to no funds , the team was never sent .
After this i played in the years 2007 in Bilaspur and 2008 in Delhi as well . Delhi was a big tournament where all other sports as well were being conducted . It was unfortunate but we lost in the semi finals . In this year (2008) , i was chosen to be captain of team Maharashtra.
Rugby happened to me in the year 2009 (20 March).
I played in the nationals that was held in Mumbai in May 2009 at the Bombay Gym ground. It was my 1st ever rugby tournament and there was so much excitement, anxiety , adrenaline rush ; but that 1st tackle , the 1st hit blew away all my fears !
After the tournament the 1st ever Indian Women’s Rugby team was selected and i was a part of it . I have now been playing for 6 yrs and these are the tournaments i have taken part in.
Tournaments played Place Year
1) All India Women’s Rugby 7s Mumbai May, 2009
2) Asian Women’s Rugby 7s Pattaya, Thailand May ,2009
3) All India Women’s Rugby 10s Delhi October, 2009
Tournament . (runners up)
4) Asia 3 Nations Women’s Rugby 7s Malaysia October ,2009
5) All India Women’s Rugby 7s Delhi June , 2010
6) 16th Asian Games Test Series Guangzhou , China July , 2010
7) Asian Women’s Rugby 7s Malaysia September , 2010
8) Asian Women’s Rugby 7s Singapore October , 2010
9)16th Asian Games Guangzhou , China November , 2010
10) All India Women’s Rugby 7s Pune August, 2011
11) Asian Women’s Rugby 7s Pune October , 2011
Championship , World Cup Qualifier .
12) All India Women’s 7s Orissa 2012
13) Asian Women’s Rugby 7s Pune 2012
14) All India Women’s 7s Orissa 2013
15) Asian Women’s Rugby 7s Pune 2013
16) All India Women’s 7s Orissa 2014
17) 35th National Games Kerala 2015
18) Asian Rugby 7s Pre Olympic Chennai 2015
Qualifier (runners-up) .
In the years 2013 & 2015 she was Captained the India team .
Appeared in TV Shows –
1)MTV – Reebok MTV Ultimate Fitness Fan (finalist).
2) Channel V – V Distraction (winner).